- Recovery is hard.
- Recovery is worth it.
There will never be the ‘perfect time’ to recover. Start now. Start where you are. With fear, with courage, with excitement, with hope. Choose this day to begin to fight for your freedom. The time is now.
There is always a choice – accept conditions as they are, or to take responsibility for changing them. Deepak Chopra said, ‘when you make a choice, you change the future.’ When a person has the capacity to choose, they have the ability to change. Choose recovery. Choose freedom. Choose life.
You’re ready to start real recovery if:
- Despite your best efforts you can’t seem to ditch the diet or exercise obsession.
- You’re ready to fully accept and embrace yourself and let go of believing that your weight equals your worth.
- You are frustrated with waiting for your life to happen once you hit a certain weight or clothing size.
- If you have a treatment team, you get super pumped after sessions to make big changes, yet can’t sustain them.
- You need more support, more guidance, and loads of encouragement.
- You’re exhausted of being trapped by an eating disorder.
- You go back and forth between wanting to recover and feeling like it’s hopeless.
- You’re ready to do the work and commit to the raw, messy, and imperfect process of change.
- You can’t wait to see some progress on your journey to healthier self-esteem and self-love.
- You need a guide. Someone who can shine a light and help you find your way back home to yourself.
Despite what the eating disorder may be telling you, I know one thing is true: You are not more valuable if you take up less space. Further, your worth is not found in your body size or shape. Your true value is found in the sparkle in your eyes when you laugh, the way that you pursue your passions, how you help others, and in your relationships. You are enough, and you are worthy of love and belonging, just as you are. I can help you transition to the non-eating disordered life, learn strategies to prevent relapse, and recognise your true worth in a world which has been waiting for your return.
Benefits of Coaching and Meal Support:
- Decreases anxiety and fear around eating foods and dining at restaurants
- Challenges distorted eating disordered rules and rituals
- Allows you to practice ordering off of a menu
- Allows your home environment to become a safe place for meals
- Increases mindful eating and listening to one’s body
- Ensures accountability for your meal plan
- Provides private support in a safe environment
- Enables you to continue to work, focusing on your job
- Self-development plan for successful recovery
- Behavioural Interventions such as CBT, DBT, and ACT
- Create meaning and purpose outside of the eating disorder
- Relapse Prevention
- Therapeutic Exposures
- Life Skills
I take a holistic approach – you are a whole human, not an illness! You are not your diet or your exercise routine! I look at all areas: eating disorder recovery, mental wellness, coping skills for emotional regulation and distress tolerance, nutritional and physical wellness, family and inter-personal relationships, managing daily living, and personal development goals. Most importantly, creating meaning and purpose to empower yourself to make choices which align with your values. To create a life and identity outside of the eating disorder.
Want to join me? Check out my services to choose the best option for you. Please email, call or text to discuss all bookings.
To learn more about me, check out my About Me page.
Questions? Fill out the form below!